The beach erases the hustle of the city and I was able to relax while reading about Yin Yang. Wasn't completely a page turner, but still interesting. I do not remember the last time I was sunbathing on a beach. Bikinis and I seldom interact, perhaps because I live in Alaska or maybe because I inherited my mother's insecurity. Regardless, after two hours of laying in the sun I had two date requests and one marriage proposal. Actually in the spirit of Israeli men, they were not requests. They were commands. I need to work on my responses. Laughing and smiling does not do the trick. "Why you no like me? I good man. I marry you."
I finally landed a farm and begin on Sunday. Its near Natanya which is 30 minutes from Tel Aviv. It's a pretty big farm. I'll be working with 3-4 other volunteers, have my own room, even internet. The farm is a 30 minute bike ride from the beach, where I will most likely spend my evenings after working in the field all day. I'm so excited to start farming and feel productive again. I'll be there for 3 weeks or so, then venture up north.
Tomorrow I am in charge of the meals and am going to make Vietnamese Pho, my new favorite thing to cook.

Location:HaBanim,Kfar Malal,Israel
were any of them named ben-zion?
ReplyDeleteOh no. If I meet Ben Zion I will deliver him to Alaska.
DeleteOh, I laughed out loud at your descriptions at the beach. I wonder what he would say if you said, "Sure - how about Saturday?". Or, "Thanks, but my husband will show up any time now."
ReplyDelete